Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Patriot Shop

I have been looking for several years for a good book containing the history of the United States. I wanted a book that told our story in straight forward language. I wanted a book that told the truth about our history. Whether it is good, bad, or ugly, it is still our story.
I finally found a book - or rather a two-volume set - by an author that I think I can trust to give me the truth. The author is William J. Bennett who was Secretary of Education (1985-1988) during the administration of Ronald Reagan. He is an accomplished author having written about seventeen books, including The Book of Virtues and The Children's Book of Virtues.
This set of history books is titled America The Last Best Hope. By the time I finish these books, I hope to have a much better knowledge of what really happened in our nation. I found these books at a site online and thought they were a little high in price. I debated about getting them elsewhere. I decided that I might find them for less elsewhere but would purchase them from PatriotShop.US because I liked the mission of this site. The card that came with my order states, "Your support helps promote liberty and freedom - 100% of the proceeds from PatriotShop.US merchandise sales support our Mission of Service to America's Armed Services (visit http://patriotpost.us/service/ for more information)."
This site has a lot of fun items such as cups, hats, shirts, books, etc. - all relating to the Constitution or the Armed Services. If you are searching for a special gift for military, you might find it at this site. It also has a lot of books that I thought sounded interesting. I recommend that you check out this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment