Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Purpose


               I am an average, ordinary woman who happens to be the mother of six wonderful adult children and twelve adorable grandchildren.  I had the opportunity to have a happy and carefree childhood as well as a fairly easy and happy adulthood.  I want the same for my children and grandchildren.  One of my greatest desires is to leave for my children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, etc. the same freedoms and opportunities that I enjoy.
               I feel much as Thomas Paine must have felt when he penned the words, "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" (The American Crisis, No. 1, December 19, 1776, as quoted at wethepeoplefoundation.org).
               I feel great concern as I watch the television broadcasts and read the newspapers.  I spend a lot of time reading and studying, trying to educate myself about what is happening now as well as what our Founding Fathers wrote and why they wrote it.
               I feel the need to become engaged in the cause of liberty, which I consider to be holding onto the Constitution of the United States and keeping our Republic free.  I feel that through my life experiences as well as through my study, I have ideas that can help others appreciate the great nation that we live in as well as protect and preserve the Constitution of the United States as our Founding Fathers intended it to be.  It is for this reason alone that I started this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment