Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Airport Security

Are terrorists becoming bolder or are we less secure under the Obama Administration? Official sources tell us that there have been twenty-eight terror attacks, either successful or attempted, since 9/11. Twenty-eight divided by nine averages out to about three per year. I understand that there have been six attacks during 2009. So, what's up? One fact is very clear, and that fact is that the United States and the world's airways remain vulnerable to terrorists. I believe that one of the reasons that we are so vulnerable is that our liberal left wants everything to be politically correct. I understand that our newest terrorist now has an attorney and will be tried in our court system - just as if he were a United States citizen. When are our leaders going to understand that our enemies are using our humanity to destroy us? The question that I want to discuss today is, how much freedom will we need to surrender in order to be safe? I do not have any problem with profiling for security reasons. If older, Caucasian women were to become known for blowing up airplanes, I would expect everyone to wonder about me, and I would try to be as cooperative as possible with those in authority. I don't particularly enjoy the experience of having dogs sniff around my private parts, but I think that I prefer dogs sniffing around than being patted down. I know that I prefer dogs to full body scans in public. I think that my second choice would be to be patted down by a same-sex employee. This seems less intrusive to me than a body scan. My last choice would be a full body scan. I am very uncomfortable with the idea of somebody - anybody - taking a detailed look at my body. I endure physical examinations by my doctor simply because I consider them necessary to preserve my health. I suppose I could endure body scans to preserve my life, but I wouldn't like it! I like freedom and privacy as well as being innocent until proven guilty. I do not like the fact that my life, liberty, property and privacy are being threatened because some deranged people from another country think it necessary. The more freedoms I give up, whether voluntarily or by force, the more determined I am to win this war against terrorism. I hope that Obama gets his act together soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment