Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Red, White and Blue

Parents can strengthen their families by showing their children that they love their country. My husband recently said to me, "I believe that your blood runs red, white, and blue." I thanked him for his kindness because I considered his statement to be a great compliment. I must have been born with the heart of a patriot because I have always loved the colors of our flag. I feel a great love for America. I have always felt it to be a great honor and blessing to be born a citizen of the United States of America. I have flown my flag for many years to show my love for America. I have, however, taken my numerous freedoms for granted for too many years. Now I feel a great responsibility to do my part to save our republic. I believe that the actual land mass that the United States of America occupies is hallowed ground. I believe that God kept this land secret from other nations until He saw fit to set up this nation. I believe that it is a choice land and blessed above all other lands. I believe that it will continue to be blessed as long as the majority of the people worship the God of this land, Jesus Christ. I believe that Christopher Columbus discovered America because he followed inspiration from God and kept sailing west in spite of difficulties with his crew. I believe that the pilgrims and other early settlers were brought here by God in order to worship Him in the way that they chose. I believe that George Washington was one of the greatest men who ever lived on this continent. I believe that General Washington and his hungry, ragged army were able to defeat the greatest military on earth because God was helping them. I believe that the fifty-six men who signed the Declaration of Independence and who pledged their lives, fortunes and sacred honor did so because they were following promptings from God. I believe that the men who spent several hot and humid months in Philadelphia creating the Constitution did so because they knew they were doing what God wanted them to do. I believe that the principles contained in the United States Constitution are Godly principles given to us to bless us and all mankind. I believe that the United States of America is the greatest nation ever to be put on earth. I believe that it is the most powerful nation on earth because it was built by people who loved God and wanted to do His will. I love America! I love the idea of liberty. I love the freedoms I enjoy. I love to see the red, white and blue of our Star Spangled Banner floating on the breeze. Yes, I do believe that my blood runs red, white and blue. What color is your blood?

No comments:

Post a Comment