Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Buy Locally

Families, communities, states and nations are strengthened when members, residents, and citizens support each other. We can support each other by purchasing local products as much as possible. I strengthen local farmers when I purchase produce at the Farmers' Market. I strengthen Alaskans whenever I purchase anything marked "Made in Alaska." I strengthen the United States when I purchase items made in the United States.

It seems fairly plain to me that we can strengthen our own nation while at the same time weakening those who are against us simply by buying locally - whether it be food, clothing, home products, or oil. Buying locally may cost more money, but it will also bring strength. I encourage everyone to check the labels and purchase only those items made locally or in your own state and nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment