Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Six Years Later

                Six years ago I saw “the writing on the wall” and was very concerned for the future of my nation.  I did not like what I was seeing and hearing, and I wanted a better world for my children to rear my grandchildren.  At that time I had twelve adorable grandchildren; I now have sixteen grandchildren with another due in just a few months.  I still feel great concern for their future as I see our nation and world picking up speed as we spiral down the slippery slope to destruction.

                I knew then that I was just an average, ordinary, everyday American woman, but I thought that I could write something that would prevent Barack Obama from a second term as President of the United States.  I wanted to make sure that my grandchildren knew I had tried to do my part in preserving liberty in order that they might enjoy the same happy and carefree childhoods as I had.  I thought that I might at least influence my own children to wake up and see the world as it really is. 

                I obviously did not prevent Mr. Obama from being re-elected.  Some of my children still have very liberal ideas and actually vote for the same type of politicians that are pushing us down the slippery slope.  Others judge politicians on what they look like without considering what they can actually do to benefit or hurt our nation.  So far, my grandchildren are enjoying their childhoods.  I still feel much as Thomas Paine must have felt when he wrote, “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace” (The American Crisis”).

                Six years ago I had no desire to write a blog.  The only reason I started writing is because I felt prompted by God to start one.  Even at that I procrastinated for about four months before actually starting.  I did not know one thing about setting up a blog or even what I would write, and yet I felt the promptings of the Lord that I should do so.  Many times over the past six years I became discouraged and tired of writing something every single day.  I thought I was making no difference to my family, nation, or world and simply wanted to give up the fight.  I went back to the Lord each time I was discouraged and tired and asked if I should continue doing the blog, and each time I received a confirmation that I should continue.  

                I do not know the reason, but I do know for sure that Heavenly Father wants me to continue writing.  I have often wondered if it is for my benefit – writing to keep my mind active – but that does not seem to be the reason.  For whatever reason, Heavenly Father wants me to continue to share my thoughts about what one ordinary person can do to save the world.  I know that much of it is simply sharing my testimony and knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

                I consider my blog to be my “mission,” my opportunity to share the gospel of Jesus Christ to many other people.  I began writing with the idea that I would write only about the greatness of America; I certainly could not write anything about Heavenly Father and His work because I did not want to “offend” anyone.  I quickly learned that I could not separate myself from my beliefs.  I am who I am and write the ideas that are important to me.  I am sorry if people take offense at my words, but I try to write the words that God would have me write.


                I still have no idea who is reading my blog, but I do know that people in more than 130 nations have logged onto it.  I believe that my writing is going to those people that Heavenly Father knows needs my message.  I hope to be an instrument in God’s hands to reach as many of His children as possible and to touch their lives.  It is for this very reason that I am still writing a blog six years later and will continue writing for as long as the Lord requires.  I now move forward into my seventh year of writing my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment